High School Drama Awards
High School Drama Awards
Since this is our inaugural year for the Drama Awards, we are limiting eligibility to schools in Allegheny, Butler, Beaver and Washington counties.
We will accept up to 10 schools to participate on a first come first served basis. The first 10 schools to submit their Intent To Participate Form and their non-refundable registration fee will be accepted.
There is a $50, nonrefundable, registration fee. This fee must be submitted with your intent to participate form.
Productions must be completely student centered and student run.
The Prime Stage High School Drama Awards does not distinguish between budget categories. All productions will be judged on the merits of each individual student running a production department or performing in the production.
Requirements for participation:
- Eligibility is limited to high school productions, 9th – 12th grades.
- Your production must have been performed during the 2019-2020 school year.
- Complete and return all required paperwork by each of their due dates. (Intent To Participate, Category Identification Form.
- Submit a DVD of the complete show following your final performance and a copy of your program. These are what the judging committee will use to evaluate your show.
- Nominees for Student Director and Student Stage Manager must submit a Prompt Book and any other supporting material that will help the judges in making their decisions. The video of your school’s performance will also be utilized in the judging process for backstage positions.
- All materials submitted to the High School Drama Awards will become the sole property of Prime Stage Theatre.
- Winners will be announced at the High School Drama Awards Ceremony.
There are 15 award categories:
|Best Actor||Best Student Prop Design|
|Best Actress||Best Student Costume Design|
|Best Supporting Actor||Best Student Makeup Design|
|Best Supporting Actress||Best Student Projection Design|
|Best Student Director||Best Student Sound Design|
|Best Student Stage Manager||Best Crew|
|Best Student Scenic Design||Best Overall Production|
|Best Student Lighting Design|
Schools may purchase tickets for the awards ceremony at $10 per ticket. These will go on sale closer to the event.
All participants and guests must purchase a ticket to be admitted to the theatre on the evening of the awards ceremony.
The Prime Stage High School Drama Awards is judged by our Drama Awards Review Committee, which is made up of educators and theatre professionals.
Each show will be judged by all members of the High School Drama Awards Review Committee.
High School Drama Awards Review Committee:
|Linda Haston||Mike Perry|
|Elena Alexandratos||Shane Valenzi|
|Ken Lutz||Wayne Brinda|
For More Information
For more information about this program please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Education Programs are funded in part by: