Voice Over Boot Camp
Voice Over Boot Camp with Amy J. Hartman
Workshop Online:**This class is virtual and able to be taken globally. Ages 16+
When: May 24th - June 28th
Classes meets Tuesdays from 7:00 - 9:00 PM / EST with Q&A following the classes
(Record these dates!): 5/24, 5/31, 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, 6/28
*Refunds will only be given if Prime Stage Theatre is unable to hold the class
Whether VO acting is new to you, you’re jumping into acting or you’ve run into some vocal snags that are keeping you at arms-length from booking that next Voice Over gig, Fun is essential! The human voice is a powerful tool; we teach you how best to use yours more effectively. The craft of Voice Over is making the un-natural not only sound natural but engages the listener actively, connecting to the material, no matter what information that material contains, whether it’s cartoon, video game characters, a medical narration, television commercials, or that elevator that now speaks. Voice Over is a learned skill.
This is what we cover:
- Microphone technique.
- Breaking down the script into actable beats.
- Exploring your vocal range.
- Turning your reading sound into a natural conversational sound.
- Practice a wide range of scripts from audio books to cartoon and video games to E-learning,
- Who, What, Where, When and Why of successful Marketing?
- What do Talent Agents/Casting Directors have to do with it?
- The ins and outs of a successful Demo.
- Auditioning technique.
- Ear Training.
See ya in VO Zoom Room!