Selected Websiteresources for “reluctant readers”
A Call to Action: What We Know About Adolescent Literacy and Ways to Support Teachers in Meeting Students’ Needs
- A research-based resource for media, policymakers, and teachers that acknowledges the complexities of reading as a developmental process and addresses the needs of secondary readers and their teachers.
About – Children’s books, “reluctant readers”
- This site contains a detailed series of links that can guide and support parents and teachers of “reluctant readers”. It contains booklists, advice, and a wealth of resources.
Choosing Books for a Reluctant Readers
- This is a comprehensive site with multiple links to authors, titles, and resources. Books for reluctant readers is a good place to search for literature to use in the classroom to capture the interests of these students.
Random House Website
- This site is a wonderful resource for teachers, home schoolers, and families. Titles meet the needs and interests of reluctant readers for suspense and excitement. The books range in readability from fourth to eighth grades.
High Interest Publishers
- High Interest Publishing offers novels designed to bring success to students who don't like to read.
Best Bets for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- An excellent, comprehensive resource for teachers, parents. It features specific grade levels and links for “books which hook reluctant readers”
- Titles listed meet reluctant readers' needs for suspense, excitement, and range in readability from fourth to eighth grades.
The Word Pool
- In addition to being amusing and entertaining, this site is an excellent resource for about “reluctant readers”. Its home page contains many resources.
Young Adult Library Services
- An excellent source for materials on the subject of reluctant readers including their interests. A feature is its yearly “Quick Picks” for top titles that are appropriate for reluctant readers.
Education Program Funding
Our Education Programs are funded in part by: