CATEGORY: MAIN EVENT
Regional premiere of the adaptation by Julie Jensen of the National Book Award winning novel by Kathryn Erskine
Directed by Steven Wilson
May 8, 2020 - May 17, 2020
Caitlin’s world has always been black and white. As an 11-year-old on the autism spectrum, she once relied on her older brother to help make sense of things beyond dictionaries, computers, and the facial expressions chart at school. But now that he’s gone, she’s all on her own. With the help of those around her, Caitlin begins to understand how to get close to people, embrace the “messiness” of emotions, and use her burgeoning artist talents to move on. Experiencing her world as she does, we come to realize how black and white can be enhanced by a kaleidoscope of colors.
- Audio Described Performance - Friday, May 15th
- Sensory-Friendly Performance - Saturday, May 16th (1 PM)
- Interpreted Performance - Saturday, May 16th (8 PM)
Additional Resources:Kathryn Erskine Website: Research for Mockingbird
"See Me for Who I Am"
Box Office: 412.608.2262
Main Stage performances are at the New Hazlett Theater Center for Performing Arts
Performances are typically 2 hours long plus one intermission.
Showtimes: Friday &; Saturday @ 8:00 PM
Sunday @ 2:30 PM
On-street parking is available at no cost after 6:00 pm, Monday-Saturday and all day Sunday. Paid parking is available in the Allegheny Health Network garage for evening events and weekend matinees. Parking in the garage is $7 (cash only)
To find the garage:
- Drive past the theater and follow Allegheny Square East as if you were going back out onto East Commons. The Allegheny Health Network garage will be on your left.
- Pull in and a uniformed parking attendant will collect your fee.
- Parking in the garage is $7 (cash only)
NOTE: The lot will close one hour after the show.
For various events, security is on site to direct you to available parking options. Parking for sporting events impact space available near the Theater. Please check your local listings to see if the Theater’s event conflicts with our local sports teams.